Corporations only make up around 20% of American businesses. The other 80% are comprised of small, locally owned businesses. In cities like Tampa, it is hard to see those small businesses sometimes. But look closely reader, nestled between CVS and Publix is a mom-and-pop coffee shop that produces the most delicious muffins at a lower cost than Dunkin Donuts. Sometimes, these local businesses get are grossly under-rated.
This Saturday, November 24 join the United States Bureau of Small Businesses and shop small. Black Friday can be a huge hassle, and shopping online isn't for everyone. American Express began the post-holiday-holiday in 2010 to help breathe some life back into local companies.
I have to say, I am sad to announce that there are no guaranteed savings for Small Business Saturday. But but buttttt, thanks to my boyfriend Google, I've found a couple deals in the Tampa area! Support local business!
- You Say When
- Ricky's Tees
- The Library CoffeeHouse
- Free Legal Aid with Brick Law Firm
- Orange Home Accessories
- Julie's Consignment Boutique
- Tres Amigos Catina
More to come, maybe. Keep an eye out, and let me know if you hear about anything for Small Business Saturday that I haven't mentioned!